Have you thought about what your New Year's resolution will be for 2017? People who make resolutions are ten times more likely to reach their goals than people who don't! Pick a goal that's SMART: Specific, Measurable, Attractive, Realistic and Timely.
- SPECIFIC - describe it! Don't just say you want to lose weight. How will you lose weight? By cutting out all pop and walking 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week? Now that is specific!
- MEASURABLE - count it! How many miles are you going to walk this week?
- ATTRACTIVE - will you enjoy it? Don't pick swimming if you hate to swim. Pick something that's appealing to you.
- REALISTIC - don't plan to run a marathon by February 1st if you're a couch potato on December 31st. A 5K is more realistic.
- TIMELY - by what date will you meet your goal? On what date will you quit smoking?
Have a Happy Healthy New Year!