Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Lenawee County is experiencing a high number of COVID-19 cases, 858 per 100,000 during the week of November 12-18, compared to nearly 667 cases per 100,000 in Michigan during the same time frame. Additionally, 19.2% of COVID-19 tests returned with positive results during the same time frame, compared to 16.9% in Michigan. Lenawee County has reported 13 COVID-19 deaths so far in the month of November. The increase in COVID-19 cases and other respiratory viruses such as influenza and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) has prompted Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) to issue a Public Health Advisory. The Lenawee County Health Department encourages all residents to take the following actions to protect against COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses in our community:
• Get vaccinated against COVID-19. Get your booster if eligible. ProMedica Hickman Hospital continues to operate at maximum capacity. Nearly all of the COVID-19 patients in the critical care unit are unvaccinated.
• All persons in indoor public settings are advised to wear a face mask, regardless of their vaccination status.
• Public establishments are advised to implement masking policies and encourage compliance with such policies.
• Individuals who are not fully vaccinated or who are immunocompromised are advised to avoid large crowds or gatherings.
• Get vaccinated against the flu.
• Do not host or attend a gathering if you are sick.
• Get tested if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed.
• Consider getting tested before gathering with others.
• Increase ventilation when gathering with family and friends.
• Spread out when gathering; larger well-ventilated spaces are better.
We each have the ability to take actions to protect ourselves and our loved ones, which in turn protects our community. Please choose to be protective of our community.
November 23, 2021
Lenawee County Health Officer
Lenawee County | lenawee.mi.us
Connect with us