Public Health Advisory
Use of Parks and Outdoor Sports Areas
On March 30, 2020, an emergency order was issued that closed all public and semipublic playgrounds and other areas used for outdoor sports in Lenawee County. This closure was ordered to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 in Lenawee County. This advisory serves as notice that the closure order has been lifted and these spaces can be used in accordance with the allowance for gathering in groups of no more than 10 people, while practicing social distancing.
We all welcome the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors and to engage with others, but with these changes comes responsibility to protect each other and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our community. The following prevention strategies will allow us to utilize outdoor play areas, while minimizing the risk for spreading COVID-19 in our community;
• Stay home if you are sick
• The space should be shared by no more than 10 people
• Athletic and recreation areas that require close contact, such as basketball courts and swimming pools, should not be used by individuals who do not live in the same household without maintaining six foot separation
• Stay at least six feet apart from individuals who do not live in your household
• Wash or sanitize hands often and especially after touching common surfaces
• Wear masks if possible
Please use our parks and outdoor recreation spaces responsibly and know that your actions today impact the future. Thank you for your continued patience, support and positivity as we get through this challenging time.