- County Courts
- Circuit Court
- Adult Drug Treatment Court
Adult Drug Treatment Court
The Lenawee County Adult Drug Treatment Court (LCADTC) is a voluntary, intensive probation program that accepts defendants who are residents of Lenawee County and convicted of non-violent drug/alcohol related felonies in the 39th Circuit Court.
The LCADTC has been operating since 2016 and is able to accommodate up to 60 participants and takes a minimum of 22 months to complete. We are funded through grants from the Michigan State Court Administrative Office, Bureau of Justice Assistance, and the Lenawee Community Foundation.
The MISSION of the Lenawee County Adult Drug Treatment Court is to provide therapeutic, dignified and fair interventions through the judicial system for defendants whose underlying cause of involvement with the criminal justice system is due to an addiction disorder and/or a co-occurring disorder.
The VISION is one of improved quality of life for the probationer, and for the community through increased safety, improved commitment and responsibility to neighbors, and giving back by providing structure and support for others who struggle with sobriety and recovery.
Adult Drug Treatment Court (LCADTC)
A person referred to the LCADTC must complete a thorough legal and clinical screening process to be considered for admission. The following criteria are used to determine eligibility:
39th Judicial Circuit Court Eligibility Requirements
(reviewed by LCADTC Probation Agent/Case Manager/Coordinator)
- Age 18 or older
- Legal resident of the United States
- Resident of Lenawee County
- Charge originates in Lenawee County
- No pending charges in another jurisdiction
- Not on probation/parole in another jurisdiction.
Legal Eligibility Requirements
- Must plead guilty to original charge
- Link between offense and use of drugs or alcohol
- No assaultive felony convictions
- No criminal sexual conduct convictions
- No more than 2 prior assaultive misdemeanor convictions
- No more than 2 prior delivery of controlled substances convictions
- No weapon used or possessed during commission of the crime
Clinical Eligibility Requirements
(reviewed by LCADTC substance abuse treatment provider)
- Qualify for substance use outpatient treatment or higher
- No health conditions that require continuous management with medical marijuana, opiate, or other narcotic medications
- No mental illness requiring the long-term prescription of medication with addictive properties
- No severe and persistent mental health diagnosis or significant cognitive impairment