The childhood lead program focuses on community education regarding prevention of lead poisoning. Activities include monitoring all county lead levels for children tested. Lead testing for children ages 1 to 6 years is offered in the clinic by appointment.
- Who Can Get Help:
- Families of children with elevated venous blood lead levels of 5ug/dl.
- Landlords of rental properties where children reside.
- Community groups interested in presentations on the hazards of lead exposure, health interventions, techniques for prevention and resources for home evaluation and abatement services.
- Home visits by a Public Health Nurse for elevated blood lead levels that include an evaluation for possible exposure causes and education on preventing exposure.
- Public Health Nurses are available for presentations to community groups regarding lead exposure, health effects and prevention.
- Staff work closely with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Lead Safe Home Program to provide home assessment and lead abatement services.
- For More Information Call: 517-264-5231
Lead Abatement Loans Available!
The Michigan Saves Lead Poisoning Prevention Fund provides loans to homeowners and income property owners to help with lead abatement. See flyer for more details.