The 2020 Tax Sale will be held online at Zeus Auction, starting September 24, 2020 at 5:00 pm and closing at various times on September 29, 2020.
- You MUST register online to be able to bid, prior to the Tax Sale starting on September 24, 2020. Please register at the Zeus Auction website. (This is also where the Sale will be held.)
- If you have any questions regarding the Tax Sale; how it will work or registration, please contact SRI at (800) 800-9588.
- You can view a list of the properties, minimum bid amounts, photos of the properties and G.I.S. maps prior to the sale on the Zeus Auction website.
- All tax sales are a minimum bid auction. The minimum bid is the amount due for all years back taxes, which also includes any penalties, interest charges and fees incurred. ***The minimum bid does not include the current year's taxes, any future tax bills or any outstanding Special Assessments or Invoices. The purchaser of the property will be responsible for any and all current tax bills, future tax bills, and outstanding special assessments/invoices due at the local municipality.
- You will not be able to go through the properties.
- The purchaser accepts the property in an "as-is" condition and releases Lenawee County from all liability from the condition of the premises, whether known at the time of the Tax Sale or discovered after the fact.
- Prior to the Tax Sale you must do your own research for any and all properties your are interested in - by contacting the local municipality for building and/or use regulations as well as any outstanding Special Assessments or invoices.
- The winning bid is expected to be paid in full by 3:30, September 30, 2020. Failure to pay for the purchase will result in the bidder being banned from all future tax sales and charged 25% of the winning bid.
- All successful bidders will be required to sign an affidavit affirming that they do not directly or indirectly hold any interest in any property with delinquent taxes located in Lenawee County. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the sale. A notary will be on site, photo ID is required. ***The Treasurer's office can and will decline your bid, if they discover you have Delinquent taxes owing on any parcel the Registered bidder has an interest in.
- The only accepted forms of payment are cash, money order, or cashier's check, made payable to Lenawee County Treasurer. Personal or Business checks are not accepted.
- At the end of the Tax Sale successful bidders will be required to print off the necessary paperwork to be brought to the Lenawee County Treasurer's Office. You must bring your paperwork, bidder number, and payment to receive your receipt.
- The Lenawee County Treasurer's Office will prepare and record the Quit Claim Deeds within 30 days of the Tax Sale. ***The Deed will not be issued to the purchaser until all current year taxes that have been billed are paid.
- We recommend that physical possession of the property is not taken until the purchaser receives their recorded Quit Claim Deed.
- Title Insurance Companies may or may not issue title insurance on properties sold at tax sale. Lenawee County will not take any property back due to the unavailability of title insurance. It is the purchaser's responsibility to satisfy the requirement of the Title Insurance Companies in order to obtain title insurance.
- Properties can be pulled from Tax Sale at any time at the Treasurer's discretion.
- More detailed listing of Rules and Regulations are available on the website for the Tax Sale on the Zeus Auction website. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>