Schedule of Events
The goal of the grants is to accelerate the implementation of energy efficiency and renewable energy on farms, agriculture-related entities, and rural businesses. Read More
Check the calendar for more info on upcoming events
Here are some notes:
- Ag-based container collection: 2023 collection dates are pending
- Community Collection Day: Saturday, May 20, 2023 from 8 am to noon.
Typically in the Spring: vehicle & light truck tires, clean solid foam containers, packaging materials for re-use, batteries (contact Battery Wholesale for recycling any time), secure docu-shred (contact Goodwill for SecureShred services anytime)
- Car/Truck/Motorcycle Tire Collection: Saturday, May 20, 2023 8 am to noon. Thursday, August 17, 2023 1 pm to 5 pm. Typically in the spring, occasionally late summer.
- Tractor Tire Collection: We do not host tractor tire collections
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection: Saturday, May 13, 2023 8 am to noon. Sponsored by Wacker Chemical & Anderson Corp.: (spring or fall)
- Electronic (E-waste) Collection Event: Contact Goodwill Industries - they can even help you with televisions!
It takes many hands to keep things moving!
We cannot accomplish all that we need to without our many volunteers! Here are some ways you might consider helping out.
Recycling Drop-Off Site: Spend a couple of hours at the drop-off site answering general recycling questions.
Community Outreach Events: Such as manning the Solid Waste booth at the fair, typically partnered with someone else and assigned in two-hour shift at the fair answering basic recycling questions
Special Projects: Recycled art competition, initiating a styrofoam collection co-op, do you have an idea?
Community collection events (spring/fall): One Saturday morning, light duty work, directing traffic, completing forms, counting tires, etc. between 2 and 6 hours