The Maurice Spear Campus (MSC) educational programs and services are part of an agreement between the Lenawee Intermediate School District (LISD) and Lenawee County Juvenile Court System. The students who are placed at the Maurice Spear Campus are adjudicated and typically between the ages of 12 and 17 years old.
The following LISD Vision Statements guide the educational outcomes for students in the Maurice Spear Campus Programs:
- The dignity and well being of each student is our impassioned dream. Through informed citizenship, our students will build a better tomorrow.
- How well a student learns is always more important than when or how or where.
- Human relationships, inside and outside the LISD, reflect trust, openness, risk taking, respect, integrity, and collaboration.
- Research and best practices in teaching/learning/assessment are eagerly reflected in the daily performance of each staff.
Student Outcome & Quality Standards
The "student outcome" describes what we want a student to know, be like, and/or be able to do as a result of participating in the program or service. The quality standards are the activities, strategies, and/or behaviors which indicate how a student outcome is being met.
The following three Student Performance Outcomes are the focus of the educational program at Maurice Spear Campus:
- The Student Learning Outcome: Through Academic instruction and supports, Students at Maurice Spear Campus will become confident and responsible learners.
- The Behavior Support Outcome: Thought Positive Behavior Supports and planning, students at Maurice Spear Campus will become ethical and responsible life managers.
- The Transition Outcome: Through transition and career/employability education students will become responsible, contributing community participants.
Lenawee Youth Center Scholarship
The Board of Trustees of the Lenawee Youth Center offers a scholarship to help with financial needs and reduce financial barriers so that your focus is on your studies.
This brochure provides information about this scholarship opportunity. All eligible students are encouraged to apply.
Applicants may apply electronically or