Lenawee County Government
Board of Commissioners
David Stimpson, Chair
Cletus Smith, Vice-Chair
2nd Wed.@1:30 P.M.
4th Thurs. @ 7:00 P.M. (as necessitated/at the call of the Chair)
Commissioners' Chambers located in the Old County Courthouse
The Board of Commissioners is the legislative body of Lenawee County and, in addition, discharges a number of specific administrative responsibilities by State law.
Major duties of the Board are:
1) Determine the amount of funds to be levied in the form of property taxes for
operation of County government, or borrowing of funds if necessary.
2) Review and adoption of the annual budget for County government.
3) Annually equalizing property assessments among local governmental units to
establish the County property tax base.
4) Apportioning property taxes to each unit.
5) Appointing a number of County officials to various County boards and
6) Establishing management policies for:
a) operation, maintenance and control of County buildings and other property
b) operation of those County departments which are subject to the Board's managing control
7) Adoption of local ordinances.
8) Performance of other statutory ministerial duties.
Commissioners at a glance
|Board of Commissioners|
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Other Items of Interest
|Standing Committees||Board Appointments|
The Lenawee County Board of Commissioners appoints individuals to numerous boards and commissions. A list of the boards may be found by clicking Board Appointments (above). Fill out an application if you are interested in serving your community by becoming a board member. BOARD APPT APPLICATION
|Unemployment Compensation System 1976|
|Animal Control 1976; Amended 1977|
|EDC - Articles of Incorporation 1977|
|Solid Waste Ordinance 1977|
|Tattoo Operations &/or Intradermal Cosmetics Studios Regulations 1994|
|Clean Air Ordinance 1999|
|Jail Security Ordinance 2002|
|County Parks Hunting Ordinance 2005|
|Airport Zoning Ordinance 2005|
|Smoke-free Worksite Regulation 2007|
|Hazardous Materials & Incident Response Cost Recovery Ordinance 2007|
|Environmental Health Code 2013|
Viewers of this presentation of ordinances which have been adopted by Lenawee county Board of Commissioners are advised that the information contained herein is presented for informational purposes. Viewers are cautioned that this presentation of ordinances may or may not be current or up to date. In addition, this presentation does not include public health code ordinances. The Lenawee County Department of Public Health should be contacted for other items of public health concern.
Please visit the Administrator's Office page for more information on Lenawee County.