The Lenawee County Recycling Drop Off Site is
We are happy to announce that the recycling site located on Race Street is open again!
Regular hours of operation are Monday - Sunday 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
At the Lenawee County Recycling Center, two compactor containers are available at all times. Please break down boxes and feed a small quantity into the compactor at a time. Let the compactors cycle until they stop.
DO NOT open the door of the compactor while it is running, as this will jam the unit and put it out of service. DO NOT press any buttons on the control panel, as this prevents the compactor from operating and creates jamming issues for the next person. Please DO NOT cram more materials into the compactor if it is jammed. Instead call 517-264-4511 to advise us on a jammed unit or other issue.
Container One holds items such as:
Clean aluminum foil pans
Clear and colored glass
Plastics #1 - 7
Container Two holds items such as:
Preparing Your Recyclables
- Cardboard and chipboard should have paper removed and be crushed to save space.
- Glass containers should be clean and empty. Leave lids on the container. Labels can stay.
- Mixed papers should be clean and dry. This includes office paper, junk mail, phone books, and magazines.
- Newspapers should be clean and dry. Do not bundle with string or rope. Instead, place them in paper grocery bags.
- No broken glass, window glass, or non-container glass.
- Plastics #1 - 7 should be rinsed and crushed. Leave lids and rings on bottles.
- Please remove recyclables from the container you transported them in before placing the materials in the recycling bins.
- Tin and aluminum should have all labels removed. No aerosol or paint solvent containers, and no aluminum foil, pie tins, or food trays.
Please visit the Solid Waste webpage for more information