The State of Michigan requires that the owner of a dog that is four or more months old apply for a license. If your dog is lost, its tag will also help law enforcement find you! Lenawee County Animal Control has access to the County Treasurer's database of licensed dogs and can track down the owner at any time as long as your address and phone number are up to date and the dog is wearing its county license.
- A valid Rabies Certificate must be presented every year to be issued a license. (Paper copy required.)
- The Rabies vaccination must not expire less than two weeks of the license issue date.
- Licenses may be renewed by mail or in person. When renewing by mail, please include a copy of the Rabies Certificate, check or money order payable to Lenawee County Treasurer, and a self-addressed stamped envelope.
- The cost of the licenses for all dogs 4 months or older: December 1- February 28 - $10.00. March 1 - November 30 - $20.00.
- Service Dogs are $0.00. Proof is required.
- Licenses must be purchased within 30 days of relocating to Lenawee County or receiving the Rabies vaccine for a new puppy.
- If you move or change your phone number please call our office at 517-264-4554 to update our records.
Lenawee County Treasurer's Office
City of Hudson
City of Morenci
City of Tecumseh