Lenawee County Department of Veterans Affairs
- Assist the veteran and their dependents in obtaining and maintaining various federal, state and county benefits.
- Assist in the development and processing of claims for benefits through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: service-connected compensation; DIC; non-service-connected pension; survivor's benefits; special allowance of aid and attendance; educational benefits; government life insurance; VA home loans; VA health care benefits and related benefits.
- Free transportation service to and from the Ann Arbor MI VA Medical Center through the DAV shuttle van service for appointment scheduled between 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Replacement of lost DD Form 214's, military records, service treatment records and medals.
- Temporary emergency assistance for indigent war-time Michigan veterans and their legal dependents.
- Become a volunteer driver for the Lenawee County DAV shuttle van service.
The primary function of the department is to:
Monday through Thursday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed at noon to reopen at 1:30 p.m.
Closed on Fridays for in-service processing and administrative functions