Board of Commissioners
David Stimpson, Chair
Terry Collins, Vice Chair
The Board of Commissioners is the legislative body of Lenawee County and, in addition, discharges a number of specific administrative responsibilities by State law.
Major duties of the Board are:
- Determine the amount of funds to be levied in the form of property taxes for operation of County government, or borrowing of funds if necessary.
- Review and adoption of the annual budget for County government.
- Annually equalizing property assessments among local governmental units to establish the County property tax base.
- Apportioning property taxes to each unit.
- Appointing a number of County officials to various County boards and commissions.
- Establishing management policies for: a) operation, maintenance and control of County buildings and other property b) operation of those County departments which are subject to the Board's managing control
- Adoption of local ordinances.
- Performance of other statutory ministerial duties.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -