New Records Office Hours: (starting April 18, 2022)
*FINGERPRINTING HAS BEEN SUSPENDED AT THIS TIME. Those who need to be fingerprinted can contact Identogo at 866-226-2952 or at identogo.com.
- Private Party Purchase Permit(s) can be obtained at the Records Office. The process takes 2-3 business days to complete. *A permit is required if the applicant does not have a Concealed License Permit and is purchasing a gun from an individual. A permit is not required if the applicant is purchasing a gun from a licensed dealer.
- A drop box will be available during office hours to place purchase permits or gun sales records, or they can be mailed to the Sheriff’s Office at 405 N. Winter St. Adrian, MI 49221.
- Copies of Complaint or Crash Reports can be requested either by mail or through the county website.
- The Freedom of Information form (FOIA) is available online. Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Requests & Instructions can be found : HERE
If you are requesting records from the Sheriff’s Office, please choose one of the following methods:
- Online request
- Call: 517-263-0524 x2031, M-F 8am-4pm
- Fax request to: 517-265-2284
- Mail request to: 405 N. Winter St., Adrian, MI 49221
We would like to encourage the public to call to confirm that they have everything that they need for us to assist them in a timely manner before they make the trip to the Sheriff’s Office. The Records Unit can be reached by phone at 517-263-0524 ext. 2052 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Records Division is staffed by four clerks and is responsible for the orderly keeping and efficient processing of all department incident reports, firearm permits and registrations, fingerprints for identity purposes, background checks, sex offender registrations, accident reports, jail payments, traffic citations and requests.
Once a report is received, the Records Division’s function is to enter case information into the computer. This allows Sheriff’s Office personnel future access to specific information in each case. It also allows incident and accident reports to be retrieved and made available upon request to the public through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).