Lenawee County Sheriff's Office
Welcome to the Lenawee County Sheriff’s Office. Please take a moment to look through our website to see the various Divisions of the Sheriff’s Office and how they operate. We are continually looking at ways to improve how we communicate with the public and provide them with the information they want and need. This is one way we can accomplish that goal.
Thank you for visiting our site and if there is anything our office can assist you with, please contact us.
COVID-19 Update to County Services:
Central Dispatch will continue to screen callers for the coronavirus and obtaining information so that the Deputy may call the complainant by phone or ask them to step outside.
Jail: Video visitations are suspended, but inmates are being provided with two free 5-minute phone calls per week. Inmate information, communication, and commissary funding will continue to be taken in the normal manner. Online or by calling 517-265-4400.
- Fingerprinting will be done by appointment only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 1pm - 4pm and on Thursdays from 8:30am - 11:30am. An application must be submitted in order to schedule an appointment. FINGERPRINT APPLICATION
- Private Party Purchase Permit(s) can be obtained at the Records Office. The process takes 2-3 business days to complete. *A permit is required if the applicant does not have a Concealed License Permit and is purchasing a gun from an individual. A permit is not required if the applicant is purchasing a gun from a licensed dealer.
- Purchase permits or gun sales records can be placed in a drop box in the Front Lobby during regular business hours: M-F 8am-4:30pm or mailed to the Sheriff’s Office at 405 N. Winter St. Adrian, MI 49221.
- Copies of Complaint or Crash Reports can be requested either by mail or through the county website.
- The Freedom of Information form (FOIA) is available online.
We would like to encourage the public to call to confirm that they have everything that they need for us to assist them in a timely manner before they make the trip to the Sheriff’s Office. The Records Unit can be reached by phone at 517-263-0524 ext. 2052 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE IS HIRING!
|CAREER PATHS||REQUIREMENTS||SALARY & BENEFITS |
If you are interested in applying for a full-time or volunteer position, please contact our administrative office at 517-264-5368 to request an application, or you can obtain one through our Records Office during normal business hours.