Lenawee County Sheriff's Office
Welcome to the Lenawee County Sheriff’s Office. Please take a moment to look through our website to see the various Divisions of the Sheriff’s Office and how they operate. We are continually looking at ways to improve how we communicate with the public and provide them with the information they want and need. This is one way we can accomplish that goal.
Thank you for visiting our site and if there is anything our office can assist you with, please contact us.
COVID-19 Update to County Services:
Law Enforcement Services (Road Patrol) will continue to respond to calls for service from the public for in-progress calls, i.e. domestic assaults, vehicle crashes (except car vs deer, private property) and complaints involving evidence to be collected and serious felonies.
Central Dispatch will be screening callers for the coronavirus and obtaining information so that the Deputy may call the complainant by phone or ask them to step outside.
Jail: Video visitations are suspended, but inmates are being provided with two free 5-minute phone calls per week. Inmate information, communication, and commissary funding will continue to be taken in the normal manner. Online or by calling 517-265-4400.
Sheriff’s Office Administration Office Lobby and Records Unit is open to the public, however, in order to maintain social distancing and limit the amount of people waiting in our front lobby, we have made some changes for services:
- THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE HAS SUSPENDED FINGERPRINT APPLICATIONS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. AN ALTERNATIVE FINGERPRINT FACILITY IS: INDENTOGO, 227 N. WINTER ST., ADRIAN, 866-226-2952.
- Private Party Purchase Permit(s) can be obtained by completing the WEAPONS PURCHASE PERMIT application. *A permit is required if the applicant does not have a Concealed License Permit and is purchasing a gun from an individual. A permit is not required if the applicant is purchasing a gun from a licensed dealer. **Note: Purchase Permits will no longer be available immediately, there will be at least a 24hr. wait time.
- Purchase permits or gun sales records can be placed in a drop box in the Front Lobby during regular business hours: M-F 8am-4:30pm or mailed to the Sheriff’s Office at 405 N. Winter St. Adrian, MI 49221.
- Copies of Complaint or Crash Reports can be requested either by mail or through the county website.
- The Freedom of Information form (FOIA) is available online.
We would like to encourage the public to call to confirm that they have everything that they need for us to assist them in a timely manner before they make the trip to the Sheriff’s Office. The Records Unit can be reached by phone at 517-263-0524 ext. 2052 or by email at email@example.com.
THE SHERIFF'S OFFICE IS HIRING!
|CAREER PATHS||REQUIREMENTS||SALARY & BENEFITS |
If you are interested in applying for a full-time or volunteer position, please contact our administrative office at 517-264-5368 to request an application, or you can obtain one through our Records Office during normal business hours.